EDS Diagnosis

ProfessorWorm

I’m prepping for an EDS diagnostic appointment next month, it’s partly why I haven’t been as active as I would like (the other part is severe chronic pain and fatigue). I’ve heard all sorts of horror stories, and I’m absolutely terrified they won’t believe me. I’ve lived with these symptoms all my life, and constantly been told I was being dramatic or making things up for attention so I have lots of trauma already around this. If anyone could give me a rough idea of what to expect that would be great.

On a related note, if anyone has any suggestions for ways to manage in the mean time that would be great. I’m in agony all the time, but I can’t bear to bear weight on my legs let alone walk. I’ve experimented with kinesiology tape but couldn’t get it to provide enough support and upon removal, even saturated in water and eventually oil, it tore off the first few layers of skin.

Helen h

I’m prepping for an EDS diagnostic appointment next month, it’s partly why I haven’t been as active as I would like (the other part is severe chronic pain and fatigue). I’ve heard all sorts of horror stories, and I’m absolutely terrified they won’t believe me. I’ve lived with these symptoms all my life, and constantly been told I was being dramatic or making things up for attention so I have lots of trauma already around this. If anyone could give me a rough idea of what to expect that would be great.

On a related note, if anyone has any suggestions for ways to manage in the mean time that would be great. I’m in agony all the time, but I can’t bear to bear weight on my legs let alone walk. I’ve experimented with kinesiology tape but couldn’t get it to provide enough support and upon removal, even saturated in water and eventually oil, it tore off the first few

ProfessorWorm

Hi did you go to the appointment? I hope it went well and you got what you need support wise. Happy to share my thoughts now if you still need anything
Thank you it went excellently. I’m diagnosed with hEDS currently but my geneticist suspects I may actually have kEDS, but we won’t know till my test results come in in the new year. I would love any advice you care to give.

Pol

Hello Professor Worm, I have no advice to give re EDS but you could check out the link below which will lead to other links for people living with EDS; Facebook groups really are great for personal experience.
Best Wishes
Paul