How are people coping with the crisis? Let's support each-other

Margot

Administrator
Are you well?
How are you coping with staying at home?
Do you have any symptoms?
Are you being helped?
Do you need help?

This is a free to share very helpful guide for dealing with anxiety amid uncertainty

There are more resources down thread

Attachments

• 3457863.jpg
    3457863.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Guide to living with worry amidst global uncertainty.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Desertphile

Q: "How are people coping with the crisis?"

A: With a big bag of food. Thank you, Colorado, USA. the pandemic has not peaked yet. :-(

After Vladimir Putin hired a grandiose narcissist to be the USA president I started stockpiling food, as I know from history what happens when Glorious Leader is both a fascist and a narcissist: their first priority is *ALWAYS* themselves, no matter who dies nor how many die. They also really do believe they were born gifted with superior knowlege and that they know better than experts. I have enough food to last more than six months.

Attachments

• 1food-pantry.jpg
    1food-pantry.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 5

Margot

Administrator
Normally we do it by choice, but this is imposed and potentially deprives autistic people from valuable contact and sources of support. It may also lead to heightened anxiety due to a forced change in routine.

sstiel

Quite. A friend of mine is struggling to sleep because of this. I have a new routine now. Delivering pills locally.

What a bloody mess.

Thunderchild

Well I don't struggle too badly with a change in routine but routines help me to do things I may forget. I miss going out with friends but I normally don't go out much anyway. Luckily I stocked up with a lot of tins before this even started so the only time i have to go to the frustration of the mess at supermarkets is to get food for my parents. i am working out which shops to avoid.

Thunderchild

Yes me too. Good, it's better that people that potentially have it wear masks than those that don't. Masks will help but are better at stopping infected people from spreading it than healthy people from getting it.

Dai

K. I have decided to go to bed at 10:30 - and rise at 3:30am and walk and think until 4:00am, then retire to sleep until maybe 7:30am, then focus on work until 12:30pm giving me 8 hours for things like book reading and mastering recording my music, and searching out kareoke, and such like. And maybe having a crack at writing some short stories. Of course there maybe a good late time film - like last night when I watched the Ender's Game, which had a good moral point at the end, as well as being an exciting film. I have no need to hoard food. I pray on where to find my shopping needs and at what time to go in order to avoid queues - this usually works fine, and no queues and all my needs in one shop. I believe God answered my prayer to get the virus mildly so to give my body resistance, and back in February that is exactly what happened when I incurred all the symptoms. I think my determination to eat properly the fresh food people did not hoard, and all those swimming exercises underwater for the required 40 seconds, may have protected my lungs, equally possible was the fact I was cured of pneumonia when a baby, and my body may have retained that resistance? Who knows. I am thankful my daughter's school has refunded the advance payment I made for her education, and am hopeful the Government's words will become action in good time, as the utilities and rent still need paying.

Margot

Administrator
I have decided to go to bed at 10:30 - and rise at 3:30am and walk and think until 4:00am, then retire to sleep until maybe 7:30am,
Do you have insomnia, wake up in the middle of the night? Wouldn't it be difficult to fall asleep with all the thoughts racing in your head? I used to wake up but fortunately now can sleep through the night.

Pattern-chaser

Do you have insomnia, wake up in the middle of the night? Wouldn't it be difficult to fall asleep with all the thoughts racing in your head? I used to wake up but fortunately now can sleep through the night.

Apparently, sleeping in one session is quite a new thing for us. We have only done it since the 1700s (?), or so. Before that we slept for a while, rose for a few hours, then slept again until morning (dawn?).

In pre-industrial times (and before electricity) it was normal to get up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. People spent the free time praying, smoking, having sex, or even visiting their neighbours, then went back to sleep until morning. - Link to original article

Interesting thoughts. 🤔 Here are some other links I found:

Link #1
Link #2
Link #3

Has anyone tried this? Dai, it sounds like you do it regularly?

Margot

Administrator
These links are indeed very interesting.I suppose the current lock down is a little like the experiment in the first link - it leaves people with nothing to do for much longer and a segment pattern of sleep could be a natural reaction.

Thunderchild

As it is some European countries have "siesta", In Italy shops shut at 13:00 and reopen between 16:00 and 17:00 and will stay open as late as 23:00, this is just normal not extended opening hours like most shops do here.

Margot

Administrator
A very helpful guide free to share about coping with anxiety amid Covid-19 uncertainty.

Attachments

• Guide to living with worry amidst global uncertainty.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 2