Hello there.

dc666

New member
Hi. I am new here. I have researched or shall I say hyperfocused on neurodiversity for a few years now. I led around 40 years of challenges good and bad before being even aware of ND , in fact I was a nay sayer believing it was all just an excuse for people not fitting in or behaving etc.
Looking back and still now I have ever fitted in with the "normal" and definitely wouldn't behave normal... I am no good at sitting down shutting up and following pointless rules. I am the first to call out any injustice or wrong doing which normal people dont seem to like the honesty. But in self advocacy I am honest and want nothing but good for everyone and thats what makes me happy. Along the way I have had some coaching etc and I have definitely learned the air mask idea... this is that you won't be helping anyone unless you help yourself first. Put your oxygen mask on first and you will be in a much better place to help others which in my case helps me more.
Now I have alot of knowledge and advice but my biggest challenge is to take my own advice !
Anyway I am not going to spell check any of my posts . I type with thumbs.so please let me away with punctuation. And most of all have a very good day !
Thank you.
 
Hi there,

Pretty much everything you have said there I agree with.
Along with the honesty, I have a "knack" of several things, p'''ing people off without trying to, absolutely missing the point of something or taking something either at self value, and not understanding what someone was talking to me about, and to contradict the exact same thing, sometimes what seems to be so blatantly obvious to me, no-one else around me see's or understands, which then absolutely winds me up to fever pitch!
I can often see others problems, but cannot see or understand how to fathom whats happening to me.
You're punctuation is fine, by the way!

T.M.
 
Hi . Thank you for your reply.
When you say you cant fathom what's happening to you...I think it is a justice sensitivity thing. We need to look at what benefits neurodiversity can bring. We can see things others often cant. So dont pity them but have some empathy for them. It must be awful to not see the point which comes as very obvious to us .
Another saying I like is that bees dont waste their energy trying to convince flies that nectar is better than poo . I believe you need to spend that energy on those who admire your passion and ability to see things others dont.
Have a good day everyone and love who you are.
Dc666
 
Hi. I am new here. I have researched or shall I say hyperfocused on neurodiversity for a few years now. I led around 40 years of challenges good and bad before being even aware of ND , in fact I was a nay sayer believing it was all just an excuse for people not fitting in or behaving etc.
Looking back and still now I have ever fitted in with the "normal" and definitely wouldn't behave normal... I am no good at sitting down shutting up and following pointless rules. I am the first to call out any injustice or wrong doing which normal people dont seem to like the honesty. But in self advocacy I am honest and want nothing but good for everyone and thats what makes me happy. Along the way I have had some coaching etc and I have definitely learned the air mask idea... this is that you won't be helping anyone unless you help yourself first. Put your oxygen mask on first and you will be in a much better place to help others which in my case helps me more.
Now I have alot of knowledge and advice but my biggest challenge is to take my own advice !
Anyway I am not going to spell check any of my posts . I type with thumbs.so please let me away with punctuation. And most of all have a very good day !
Thank you.
Hi there... having put out my own very recent 'hello' but unfortunately only had 1 responder (hi @Tin Man đź‘‹) So have decided I'm going to try & 'hi-back' on any new member posts I spot.
[[... bandwith-energy permitting...]]

Also completely resonate with "no good... pointless rules... etc"... urgh!!

Liking the "air mask idea" will be Googliing that concept for more info... ta!!

Good idea about "not spellcheck" 👍🏻... it takes me forever to write stuff. I may well follow your idea... ta!!

Nodoubt 'speak' again... but bandwidth failing atm... bye
 
@dc666 & @Tin Man .. thought I'd share the fb I found before my bandwidth totally expires!! Haven't looked so no idea what it contains... soz...knackered