Pathways programme for autistic wellbeing
- Have you recently been diagnosed or realised you are autistic?
- Do you feel like you need help charting your way forward with this new information about yourself?
This programme can support you in improving your wellbeing by building a positive autistic identity and helping you problem solve issues in your life that you choose to work on.
Together we will explore what being autistic means to you and navigate autistic culture and identity.
Participating in the creation of autistic culture
The programme includes online resources created by autistic people, a series of interactive webinars, a private discussion forum for people following NDSA programmes, and peer support groups via zoom.
Topics covered will include
- Coming to terms with your new understanding of yourself
- Neurodiversity and autistic identity
- Autistic community and culture
- Wellbeing and mental health
- Autistic burnout
- Relationships and healthy boundaries
- Ableism and Intersectionality
- Charting a way forward
This course can be followed as part of the Pathways mentoring programme or on its own.
This programme helps both mentors and mentees to realise their potential, achieve personal growth and connect to the autistic community.
Please note that the programme is in a pilot stage. We will ask you to fill out the pre- and post-programme evaluation questionnaires and to participate in the evaluation interview with a reputable researcher conducting the evaluation.
To register: https://reg.ndsa.uk/