Site Map
Donate
Home
About Us
Who we are
Our mission
Uniqueness of this organisation
The team
FAQ
What is the need
Forums
Featured
New posts
Trending
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Help!
About Autism
What autism is
A human look at autism
Theories of autism
Autism as a disability
Neurodiversity
Quality of life
Changing the narrative
Diagnosis
Just diagnosed
Diagnosis intro slides
Your right to a diagnostic assessment
Guidelines and resources
Waiting times
Good conversations
Employment
Employment as factor of QoL
Lived Experience
Equality Act
Disclosure
Definition of disability
Autism as a disability
Reasonable adjustments
Neurodiversity as talent
Good resources
Relationships
Women and girls
Advocacy
Priorities
Self Advocacy
Our Programmes
What we believe in
Language use
How to get involved
Featured advocacy threads
Mentoring/Courses
Login / Register
Become a mentor
Courses
Employment - Tool Up
Wellbeing - Pathway
Autism training
Blogs
Guest Blog
Diagnosis experience
Could I be autistic
The journey to diagnosis
After diagnosis
H McConachie on QoL
My experience with unemployment
Measuring quality of life of autistic people
Resources
The autistic enactivist
Worn out
Living for the heatwave
Parenting challenges
Idea fair
Log in
Register
What's new
Featured
New posts
Trending
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Home
Forums
Main category
Introduce yourself
Diagnosed AuDHD a week'ish ago
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Tin Man" data-source="post: 17713" data-attributes="member: 11986"><p>Hi. Tin Man here,</p><p> I've also been late / recently diagnosed, and I was also hoping to find help and relevant threads and conversations, but unfortunately both have seemed to have evaded me. I've not even received a " hello " or " hi " when I introduced myself. The most relevant mentoring course isn't available at the moment, and looks like it was last updated March 2022. At the moment I'm doing my best to box away my mixed up emotions and try and exist how I've been doing for the last 52 years.</p><p></p><p>From what I have looked at so far on the mentoring courses, there does seem to be some solid helpful courses for females, especially in the relationship section, it's a pity there isn't for the male perspective too, as I think that my wife is considering a back garden burial for me at the moment with how I've been since my meltdown.</p><p></p><p>I sincerely wish you well, and hope you receive useful help and advice.</p><p></p><p>If you ever fancy a chat, I check up on here every couple of days or so.</p><p></p><p>Kind regards T.M.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Tin Man, post: 17713, member: 11986"] Hi. Tin Man here, I've also been late / recently diagnosed, and I was also hoping to find help and relevant threads and conversations, but unfortunately both have seemed to have evaded me. I've not even received a " hello " or " hi " when I introduced myself. The most relevant mentoring course isn't available at the moment, and looks like it was last updated March 2022. At the moment I'm doing my best to box away my mixed up emotions and try and exist how I've been doing for the last 52 years. From what I have looked at so far on the mentoring courses, there does seem to be some solid helpful courses for females, especially in the relationship section, it's a pity there isn't for the male perspective too, as I think that my wife is considering a back garden burial for me at the moment with how I've been since my meltdown. I sincerely wish you well, and hope you receive useful help and advice. If you ever fancy a chat, I check up on here every couple of days or so. Kind regards T.M. [/QUOTE]
Verification
Post reply
Home
Forums
Main category
Introduce yourself
Diagnosed AuDHD a week'ish ago
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
NDSA Sitemap
Contact us
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Linkedin
Home
Home page
About us
Forums
Help!
Advocacy
Blogs
Donate
Contact us
About Us
Who we are
Our mission
What is unique
What is the need
FAQ
The Team
Services
Contact us
Forums
Login
/
Register
Featured
New posts
Trending
What's new
Help!
What autism is
Diagnosis
Employment
Relationships
Just diagnosed
Women and girls
How we can help
About Autism
What austism is
A human picture
Theories of autism organisation
Autism as a disability
Neurodiversity
Quality of life
Changing the narrative
Diagnosis
Just diagnosed - now what?
Diagnosis introduction
Your right to an assessment
Guidelines and resources
Waiting times
Good conversations
Employment
Employment as a factor of QoL
Lived experience
Equality act
Disclosure
Definition of disability
Autism as disability
Reasonable adjustments
Neurodiversity as talent
Reasonable adjustments
Mentoring & Courses
Login
/
Register
Become a mentor
Courses
Employment - Tool Up
Wellbeing - Pathway
Autism Training
Services
Your Account