What is everyone reading?

seraphim

I am currently reading (or attempting to) Alan Moore's Jerusalem, along with various works of mostly French writers, as French is my first language. I have read twice Neurotribes and have mixed feelings about it. Maybe I should try the audio book...

F4stK1ll

Warhammer 40k books always. Not for the faint of heart or stomach and thereā€™s a lot of backstory you need to know for a basic understanding of the timeline before you even pick up book one. Itā€™s Tolkienā€™s silmarilian if it was sci-fi, depressing and not written like a old bible.

Last edited:

Pattern-chaser

I'm just finishing Amanda Downum's Necromancer trilogy, and before that, in preparation for series 2 on the telly, I read Deborah Harkness' All Souls trilogy. I read fantasy almost exclusively, these days.

Anyone watching "A discovery of witches" on Sky?

Rechnin

Warhammer 40k books always. Not for the faint of heart or stomach and thereā€™s a lot of backstory you need to know for a basic understanding of the timeline before you even pick up book one. Itā€™s Tolkienā€™s silmarilian if it was sci-fi, depressing and not written like a old bible.
I listen to a lot of Black Library audios whilst I am working, will be starting Mark of Faith on Monday. Back to gluing myself to everything...

Hello, I enjoy reading traditional mythological tales and world stories with imaginative illustrations. Currently I am reading psychology papers for my dissertation which is towards a masters in art psychotherapy. The title is ā€˜How can Art Therapy enrich a post 16 special educational needs curriculum?ā€™ If any of you out there are interested in this aspect of emotional support (I am working with autistic young people), I would be happy to connect.

The current pandemic has put me in mind of E.M. Forsterā€™s 1930ā€™s short story ā€œThe Machine Stopsā€ which I think is prophetic on many levels. Anyone else thinking this?

The Chaos Balance by LE Modesitt Jr, The Curse of the Mistwraith by Janny Wurts, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon and Anathem by Neal Stephenson. I'm missing libraries, though, and the charity shops' book-shelves.
Missing physical libraries, car boot sales, second-hand bookshops and charity shops - old habits are waiting for the Spring!

Courgette

I have just finished Cats Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut and have now started The Coastliners by Joanne Harris. Over the last year or so I have been given a stack of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, more Kurt Vonnegut and nearly the whole series of Dune by Frank Herbert. If the ADHD leaves me alone long enough I might get to finish this lot by 2030!

I am reading ā€˜I am an Islandā€™ byTamsin Calidas - a descriptively lyrical autobiographical story of life on a remote Shetland Island. It is written with emotional intelligence and takes you on a journey through the mind of the writer.

RekidaSmart

Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut sounds really intriguing. I'm a big fan of his work. Has anyone here also delved into the Game of Thrones series? Those books are seriously addictive. Btw, if you're ever in need of book recommendations or just want to chat about literature, check out this blog https://bookwormera.com about GOT books. Yeah, I love that series too much.

Last edited: