What is everyone reading?

ProfessorWorm

What is everyone reading? I’m enjoying Bluebeard, I just finished rereading Mother Night, We are never meeting in Real Life, Past Master and The Burning. And some criminal minds fanfic on WattPad.

ProfessorWorm

That sounds quite interesting, Thunderchild. Have you read Level 7 by Roshwald? It’s a very good novel, but extremely sad. It’s a journal of an offensive nuclear arms officer who carefully documents life underground in Level 7 and the fallout from the nuclear war he participates in.

Thunderchild

No I have not. i don't really get time to read fiction as any reading time is devoted to technical learning but a subcontractor that work uses that I get on great with recommended it to me as a consequence of the many discussions we have around safety in our own systems. After him suggesting it 3 times I thought I better get a copy. I am now reading it one poop at a time at a rate of 0.5-2 pages/poop - yes that's a new technical measure of reading speed 😃

ProfessorWorm

I’m glad you’re getting a chance to, even in pieces. My dear father, who is in much the same boat as you, insists on reading anything I give him at the rate of 1-5 pages in the evening after weeks of reminding him that it exists, so I am sympathetic.

Rechnin

This my first post, so here goes - I really struggle to sit and read, but, I love history. I am currently trying to reading Orphan Eagles by Vincnet W. Rospon.

ProfessorWorm

Hi, Rechin. Do you know Erik Larson? Some of his books are too long for me, it took me over two months to read Anna Karenina, but he has some shorter books that is good for reading in bursts.

Rechnin

Heya ProfessorWorm

I am sure that the name has passed me a few times. I'll have to take a closer look.

I love the story to Anna Karenina.

I dont read much fiction/novel type books but love those in historial setting.

ProfessorWorm

You might enjoy the Alienist series, if you don’t mind a bit of gore. It’s both a book series and a show, the show is a bit more dramatic than the book, but is set in progressive era America with a cast of characters trying to profile a serial killer while trying to work round abusive and corrupt police. It is relatively true to history from what I remember from APUSH.
Might I also recommend Devil in the White City, if you haven’t already found something of his you like? I’ll put a content warning because it covers HH Holmes and is a bit gory in places. Larson does alternating chapters about HH Holmes and the architect of the Chicago World Fair, and it’s really interesting to see the contrast between the two. Erik Larson’s a non-fiction author, but he uses a narrative format for what I’ve read of him, which I find makes it easier to focus.

DepictDave

Has anyone read How To Be Autistic by Charlotte Amelia Poe? I just discovered it earlier today and wondered if it's worth a read.

S

salarking

I personally like to read motivational books such as rich dad poor dad type. Right now, I am reading Keep Calm and Follow Mac Miller by Jenny Clarkson. He was my favourite rapper but unfortunately he left us so early which I still cant believe. He was a great rapper and I used to have his fan posters in my room. This books contains his biography and his achievements in life.

I don’t read books,I have a few ebooks but have have never made sense of them as there is so much information to read through.
As it’s quite short and uses actual cases,i did enjoy a paper/journal called ‘gray matter; redefining mental retardation in capital murder’ -its old so it still uses MR (one of my disabilities), I find it very interesting how people who grew up with a history of having ID,especially moderate or severe ID,how they can Have the ability To murder,some have gone on to cover up what they did.