Welcome to Autism Bucks Forum

Dai

How are you all coping with stress and anxiety at present?
I am finding it quite hard to concentrate, though when I do, I can't stop. After frittering away most of the day yesterday on a long walk in woods where the leaves have yet to grow, so the sun shone through. The loveliest sound was a woodpecker, and a few hesitant chirps of spring birds, walking stick free I might add, I started to do some serious work at 7:00pm and finished at 1.00am. I just want to get out in that sun and absorb the suns rays to boost my immune system. Work planned for today will have to wait, I am going outside in my kimono and read a book. There are children playing somewhere, and their voices are a welcome reminder that life exists beyond my walls.

Dai

How are you all coping with stress and anxiety at present?
probably badly. it is v difficult sometimes for the mind not to wonder off the track and dwell on things people have said or triggered. I have to work hard and stop these circles of the mind, sometimes I disappear into my own mental world for hours then find my legs have seized up when I get up from bed or a chair. Find it does help to get dressed for the day choosing clothes carefully as if I were going out. Also people want to talk a lot. A business person today talked for over an hour from home recounting to me she was a reformed Alchoholic, I let her words flow. Then yesterday, returning from my shop via the car wash, I got verbally abused by some oik in the petrol station, his words took forever to shake off. I call his type "the thought police" as if they know what is essential or not! Same happened when I admitted to going out by car to a remote place for a walk. Non essential! Non essential! All my life I have needed to get away from people to recharge for my own mental health, what do they know about my essential needs? Who are these nasty people - are they the real life versions of the trolls we see on cyber space?

Dai

Doing Puzzles are also a good way of keeping the mind occupied.
Found this app on Google Play called Magic puzzles that you might like to try. Attached are a few of completed ones I've done already
thats a good idea - i have a large table slowly getting covered with contents of envelopes - I could do a puzzle instead - must see what i can get online - I prefer real physical jigsaw puzzles.

Margot

Administrator
All my life I have needed to get away from people to recharge for my own mental health, what do they know about my essential needs? Who are these nasty people
Yes, this resonates with me a lot. I have the tendency to cover the table with the contents of envelopes :). Are you doing a puzzle?