Ideas or new services for autistic and neurodivergent people

ProfessorWorm

Occupational therapy for late diagnosed dyspraxia. I was told due to my late diagnosis and the fact that I had the skills of a child over a decade younger than me, that there was nothing that they were willing to do to even begin to improve my quality of life/functioning. The general feeling was that I would not see enough
gains to justify the resources it would take. It was very disappointing, especially as that was the main motivator for seeking diagnosis and even more so when I learnt that other people with similar issues were able to have see some improvement with appropriate treatments.

ProfessorWorm

At this point I will be happy if I can put on a pin without bleeding, tie shoelaces without using up half a day’s spoons if I can even manage it, or could even have something approaching spatial awareness. Ideally, I’d like to need to invest less spoons to walk around a room without banging into something, have something that could be called coordinated movement, and perhaps see an improvement in my fine motor skills. I’m aware that my delays are quite severe and that these may not be a possibility for me. If it helps any I have decent insurance in the US, but my Neuropsych just didn’t see the value in even trying.

PlasticTiger

At this point I will be happy if I can put on a pin without bleeding, tie shoelaces without using up half a day’s spoons if I can even manage it, or could even have something approaching spatial awareness. Ideally, I’d like to need to invest less spoons to walk around a room without banging into something, have something that could be called coordinated movement, and perhaps see an improvement in my fine motor skills. I’m aware that my delays are quite severe and that these may not be a possibility for me. If it helps any I have decent insurance in the US, but my Neuropsych just didn’t see the value in even trying.
I still struggle with sorting my shoes out sometimes and I wear boots

Peebs

I’m a stand up comedian, but there are so many barriers to developing a proper career when you’re autistic. So much of getting a gig is networking and making contacts, and many of the pro acts say you can only make a name for yourself if you gig 5 times a week. Every time I gig I need at least a fortnight to get my energy back. I’ve had several breaks from it, but the competitions usually say ‘for comedians who have gigged for 3 years or less’. Well, I’ve probably got about 3 years worth of gigs, but spread out over a decade! I would love a network for autistic performers where we could help each other by sharing our contacts, maybe asking for different entry requirements for people who have had to take wellness breaks from careers because of disability or mental illness. A place where we could help promote each other’s work when one of us has spent all their energy.