Hi my name is Colin Revell

colrevs

I am one of the co-founders, with the late Mary Colley, Adrian Whyatt and others of Developmental Adults Neurodiversity Association(DANDA). I am on the Autistic Spectrum with Dyspraxia, ADHD, Dyslexia, Irlen Syndrome and comorbid mental health issues, including Complex-PTSD and also being incarcerated and sectioned in ATU's hospitals for over 8 years from 2013 to 2021 (discharged on 28/7/21) after experiencing an autistic catatonic breakdown state.
I have been an autistic, neurodiverse, mental health survivor and wider disabled people's movement activist and educator since 1995 and I am a qualified social scientist, community and youth worker and various sports and leisure qualifications. I am also a qualified Mental Health Wellness and Recovery Action Planning(WRAP) educator.
I have a lot of lived experiences of being neurodiverse and being one of the first children in the UK diagnosed in 1967 with "clumsy child syndrome"(Dyspraxia/DCD).

Pip78

Wow it sounds like you have been through a lot. Lots of experience there. Quite harrowing some of it. Im sorry to hear you have had to suffer in these ways. I hope you are finding things easier nowadays.

I am 43. Around 7 years ago I started to think I may have autistic tendencies. It is mild and I generally manage very well. I am lucky. But it is also a problem because most of the time I come across as 'normal', so when it does rear its head I think it upsets people more, if I said something that came out wrong, for example, because it is taken more seriously.