Hi my name is Colin Revell

colrevs

I am one of the co-founders, with the late Mary Colley, Adrian Whyatt and others of Developmental Adults Neurodiversity Association(DANDA). I am on the Autistic Spectrum with Dyspraxia, ADHD, Dyslexia, Irlen Syndrome and comorbid mental health issues, including Complex-PTSD and also being incarcerated and sectioned in ATU's hospitals for over 8 years from 2013 to 2021 (discharged on 28/7/21) after experiencing an autistic catatonic breakdown state.
I have been an autistic, neurodiverse, mental health survivor and wider disabled people's movement activist and educator since 1995 and I am a qualified social scientist, community and youth worker and various sports and leisure qualifications. I am also a qualified Mental Health Wellness and Recovery Action Planning(WRAP) educator.
I have a lot of lived experiences of being neurodiverse and being one of the first children in the UK diagnosed in 1967 with "clumsy child syndrome"(Dyspraxia/DCD).

Pip78

Wow it sounds like you have been through a lot. Lots of experience there. Quite harrowing some of it. Im sorry to hear you have had to suffer in these ways. I hope you are finding things easier nowadays.

I am 43. Around 7 years ago I started to think I may have autistic tendencies. It is mild and I generally manage very well. I am lucky. But it is also a problem because most of the time I come across as 'normal', so when it does rear its head I think it upsets people more, if I said something that came out wrong, for example, because it is taken more seriously.

colrevs

Colin, welcome. Your lived experience see quite grueling. What do you do as part of DANDA?
DANDA is no longer in existence. The group closed after the untimely sad death of Mary Colley the co-founder of DANDA with me and others.