Hey, I'm Dara

DaraSix16

Hey there, I hope this introduction finds you well. I loathe summarising myself as there is a lot to me but here goes -

I'm Darcy aka Dara, I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 4 & whacked on what I fondly refer to as "diet meth", but the Chemist called it Ritalin, then carted off into a "special needs" school so I didn't disturb the more important children's education, fast forward 24 years and I got my ASD Diagnosis without parental input as mine got tired of me and did a runner (lol not really they were just not ideal to say the least).

I used to run my own business but the pandemic saw to that nicely, I then changed career and moved into working at a Start-up where my forthright and plain spoken ways saw the Head of people take a huge disliking to me (ghoul of a being) and when the whole thing went into administration because they couldn't run a business if they tried I was made redundant - yay.

Some of the things I enjoy are;
  • Dog walks - I have a Frenchie who enjoys sitting on my lap and farting.
  • Gigs - once suitably inebriated otherwise crowds :sick:
  • Skating - Don't ask me to do a kickflip, my legs wont listen to my brain
  • Motorcycling - It's 4th on the list but 1st in my heart, I'm known for Wheelies and "Looping" which is where the wheelie goes wrong and you end up on your head
  • Clothes, fashion and being outlandish - "I used to be a punk" - Still am I'm just undercover 🤫
Okay I'll stop there cos I just checked on other peoples introductions and now I feel like I'm being overly extrovert 😬

Say Hi, I don't bite unless its a survival situation 🙃

Sonich

Hi Dara,
I love your intro. If you can skate at all your legs are listening to your brain better than mine!
I haven't written an intro but when I get round to it I'll be inspired by your not dry approach! (But I do less fun stuff, sadly)

DaraSix16

Hi Dara,
I love your intro. If you can skate at all your legs are listening to your brain better than mine!
I haven't written an intro but when I get round to it I'll be inspired by your not dry approach! (But I do less fun stuff, sadly)
Hiya! Thank you, I always feel so awkward introducing myself but need to practice and sharpen the skill as I am interviewing at present and reaaaaaaly need a job as I'd sooner :poop: in my hands and clap than deal with the DWP 🤮 they're so awful!

I don't get to do many fun things at the moment as I am not earning and as you are probably well aware this "capitalist hellscape" as I call it, isn't kind to us when we are skint 🥲

Sonich

Hiya! Thank you, I always feel so awkward introducing myself but need to practice and sharpen the skill as I am interviewing at present and reaaaaaaly need a job as I'd sooner :poop: in my hands and clap than deal with the DWP 🤮 they're so awful!

I don't get to do many fun things at the moment as I am not earning and as you are probably well aware this "capitalist hellscape" as I call it, isn't kind to us when we are skint 🥲
I really do know. I wish you luck finding something you love. That keeps the dwp wolf from your door!

DaraSix16

I really do know. I wish you luck finding something you love. That keeps the dwp wolf from your door!
Thank you, I am getting the interview process worked out more and more - basically you have to lie a lot in small ways, which doesn't make much sense but if that's what is needed then so be it - once my life has straightened out I may return to running my own thing but I'd like it to be bigger than my past venture and see me being less overworked and stressed - ha!