Good autism representation in media

Wy19

I want to make a list of good autistic representation in media (books/TV/films)
I also think that people would benefit from seeing this, especially if it's good representation of autistic individuals living a good and happy life!

• On the Edge of Gone (sci-fi book)
  • Failure to Communicate and Tone of Voice (sci-fi books)
  • Planet Earth is Blue (kids' book)
  • Pablo (TV - it's CBeebies though)
  • Abed Nadir from Community (TV)
  • I haven't seen Everything's Gonna Be Okay (TV) but I have seen/heard a lot of good stuff about it
  • I liked The Accountant (film) but I can understand why a lot of people don't, same for The Good Doctor (TV)
  • Billy Cranston from Power Rangers (2017 film)
  • Please Stand By (film)

Wy19

• On the Edge of Gone (sci-fi book)
  • Failure to Communicate and Tone of Voice (sci-fi books)
  • Planet Earth is Blue (kids' book)
  • Pablo (TV - it's CBeebies though)
  • Abed Nadir from Community (TV)
  • I haven't seen Everything's Gonna Be Okay (TV) but I have seen/heard a lot of good stuff about it
  • I liked The Accountant (film) but I can understand why a lot of people don't, same for The Good Doctor (TV)
  • Billy Cranston from Power Rangers (2017 film)
  • Please Stand By (film)
Wow that's a good list thank you!!

SaraFlowers

Hi I’m a new member and this may not be exactly on topic for this thread but enjoyed the recent episode of location location location. This featured an autistic young woman, Ellen, looking to buy a flat near Margate. Her presentation was definitely positive compared to the allistic couple also looking to buy!

Me again. I recently watched I Used To Be Famous on Netflix and would definitely recommend it. The actor is autistic too!
I hear lots of good things about The Reason I Jump documentary, but haven't been able to watch it yet

Mariusz

Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress
I've always identified with Sleepless, genetically modified humans, while Sleepers, unmodified,made my skin goosebump :p Since diagnosed I'm convinced that Sleepless are meant to resemble autistic

Overwatch17

X + Y (film).
To the Moon (video game).

When Marnie Was There (anime). I particularly liked this one, although Anna is never explicitly said to have any specific condition I found her behaviour very relatable.