Autism and Work

Margot

Administrator
Why haven't you contacted Access to Work. Yoy need reasonable adjustments to get out of this situation.

Rechnin

As I mentioned, Spectrum E are trying to negotiate on my behalf but my work place keeps saying they are not getting the emails.

Margot

Administrator
This is a dreadful situation, it is so typical. I am so sorry to hear that. Try to keep your wellbeing.

Rechnin

This is a dreadful situation, it is so typical. I am so sorry to hear that. Try to keep your wellbeing.
This is my first experience of this, as you will probably have followed, but my journey as an autistic hasn't been great. I can see my time where I am finally coming to an end, but, is this going to happen everywhere I go? Its almost better to stay where I am than to find somewhere better and risk my health.

Margot

Administrator
It is difficult to advise., if things are going so badly where you are could you try to jump now to a place where you could have a clean start with reasonable adjustments? The unravelling is a very traumatic and bruising experience. I have been through this a few times.

Rechnin

And this is the annoying thing, normally, moving on wouldn't bother me, I have bounced around before, but, I don't want to do that. I think it is obvious I need to find somewhere else at some point in the not too distant future, but, why is it bothering me so much at the moment? Its almost easier if I failed in my current role and had to leave.

I am sorry to hear that, its not been a great experience for me so far since my diagnosis, it has had little effect.

Mariano

so sorry to hear what you are going they. Don’t want to say something too obvious, but perhaps ring ACAS or Citizens Advice for guidance and options. Sounds like your employer might be managing under the capability procedure, there are a lot of cowboys out there, getting advise is critical and hopefully ACAS or citizens advice can help you

Rechnin

We are in to that stage at the moment, but, keep getting blocked. I have a meeting tomorrow at work and we will see how that goes.

Rechnin

Same old same old, on week 24 of a 8 week training scheme, been pushed in to giving a yes or no answer which means they have referred me back to OHC to see if there is any way to find a less stressful role (despite them already being told to do this), or, more likely, to go the Not Fit For Work.

My local services have tried to support me, but, work don't seem interested, and now speaking with NAS.

We gets me is, I make mistakes, that happens, but the 98% accuracy means I can only make 1 mistake per week or I fail.

The fact that in four weeks I have feedback 124 items means nothing.

Margot

Administrator
What do NAS say?
I would say they need to relax the acciracy to 95% or something as reasonable adjustment. They also should get Access to Work in to coach you 1:1.

Rechnin

According to my employers "We have received no contact' from both Spectrum-e and RANSS who agreed to speak to them on my behalf, so it has been impossible to get anyone to speak to them, and they wont reduce the accuracy rating as "This is set at a fair level for all staff".

Rechnin

And, I have made three error this week from 85 completed items, yet I have sent back 24 with errors. No one is interested as long as the general stats tick over.