Autism and ageing

sstiel

Hello everyone,

It's been remarked of myself and other autistic people. People are surprised when I mention how old I am. Does autism affect ageing and appearance so that autistic people look younger than their chronological age? Curious about that.

steve

finally im in, two step verification is so annoying given im already logged in

anyway not only do i not look 50 i dont feel like an adult, more like an adolecent

WayneUtify

o my god full movie mp4 download big brother australia 2013 episode 87 finale desperate housewives season 5 episode 13 subtitles kick a ginger day south park full episode resume format free download for freshers pdf appendicular turkeysized grey's anatomy season 2 episode 11 soundtrack melhor sala de cinema 3d do brasil canada's worst driver season 2 watch online mirai nikki another world episode 2 download series anime similares a sword art online https://ej.frankarvandusmomi.site/132.html the mask animated series season 2 episode 1 download firmware ios 5.1 for iphone 4 untold stories of the er stuck in a toilet full episode watch raising hope season 2 episode 17 online free signed sealed delivered tv series season 2

Lilibet

Hello everyone,

It's been remarked of myself and other autistic people. People are surprised when I mention how old I am. Does autism affect ageing and appearance so that autistic people look younger than their chronological age? Curious about that.
A police officer repeatedly asked me for my date of birth while he was typing up my complaint. Then he said "What's your actual age." I was surprised that he couldn't figure it out from my d.o. b. Then he said "You don't look it." He thought I looked 15 to 20 years younger. The officer told me that he and another officer present were both aged 30 years old.

Last edited:
I’m autistic and work in the autism field. It is notable how many of us do look considerably younger. I read some research recently that said as many of us have connective tissue disorders such as hEDS, our collagen is different. Hence less wrinkles and less visible aging

Scary Clare

Scary Clare with purple hair
I am 46 but have bright purple hair, tattoos, am usually dressed in cartoons, Goth stuff, sarcastic slogans and have completely different interests to most of my social groups. I still need an adultier adult but apparently it's not allowed as I am a grown up ... ha!!

T5Owner

I have been told that I look anywhere between 5 to 10 years younger than my actual age, but am plagued with inherited baldness which does make me look older (haha), if I still had hair I think I would probably look younger still.
I still think I'm a lot younger and often struggle with that, as I am in a mid level position at work and people come to me for guidance/advice, which seems strange as I'm just a teenager (in my head).

Wy19

I'm 21
No one ever believes me, I just joined a kickboxing club
Granted my mom came with me and I am very shy and timid
But no one believed me, they all thought I was 16

Scary Clare

Scary Clare with purple hair
I am 46 but I regularly dress covered in cartoons or in Goth clothes and I have bright purple hair. Being conventional doesn't appeal to me at all. I love Alice in Wonderland and Nightmare Before Christmas and have tattoos of both too.

I can adult with difficulty but enjoy kids stuff too and drag my son and daughter to events as I want to go!

Courgette

I'm 60 and I've always been aged at least 10 years younger than my actual age. I wonder if it has something to do with extra collagen which has a part to play in hyper mobility which is common amongst autistics. People often remark on my youthful skin.
Might also have something to do with our behaviour which is less likely to fit in with expected social norms of age. I still happily sit on the floor and sprawl and have recently dyed my hair bright red. Having a limited social circle I never turn the chance to hang out with my daughter's friends and seem to fit in with no problem.

Paul McD

I am 46 but I regularly dress covered in cartoons or in Goth clothes and I have bright purple hair. Being conventional doesn't appeal to me at all. I love Alice in Wonderland and Nightmare Before Christmas and have tattoos of both too.

I can adult with difficulty but enjoy kids stuff too and drag my son and daughter to events as I want to go!
Cosplay is something really beneficial for many Autistic people if they get the chance and support to stop masking and ehh.... put on a mask and act. Uniforms are important character builders for some. Seriously very confidence making. I am also younger than I look at 63 yoa.