Best Autism TV Show?

DepictDave

I've been watching both Atypical and The A Word and I like them both in different ways. I know there are other shows out there that also deal with autism (apparently Everything's Gonna Be OK is a good one but I haven't seen it) so I want to know what there is to watch and whether it's any good.

On a side note, I've just watched Loop on Disney+ and found it quite touching.

ProfessorWorm

Community, arguably Criminal Minds, Parenthood has an autistic play and autistic, The IT Crowd, The A Word has autistic actors and is also one I really enjoy.
I personally despise every aspect of the Good Doctor with the passion of five thousand suns, from the fandom, to the writing, to the usage of an autistic as an interesting lens, to having a NT play an autistic character, to the constant justification of ableism even when trying to condemn it, and especially its fandom.

I know you two guys like the a word,so I wonder if it’s just me who really dislikes it?
when it first got announced, I thought it woud do a lot for autism, and LD as there is some LD focus (I can’t remember his name, he has downs).
the reason I don’t like it is it’s main focus is not autism,it’s all the Non autistic Relationships Going on around the child, I do like how they have showed an adult autistic character but I woud choose atypical or the good doctor first-I know the good doctor has connections to autism speaks but David Shore who remade it did everything I think he wanted to do in house with ‘Gregory‘ but had no way of fitting it in,he did the episode (‘lines in the sand’ I think it was called?) where House related lots to a profoundly autistic boy and in A different episode (I think) Wilson-the oncologist said he was either aN ass or he had aspergers.

casualty also had an autistic character in it for a while,a paramedic called ruby, they focused on her sensory issues and ability with information taking-kind of stereotypical of autists without LD but i Really liked the character,then they stopped hinting at autism and she recently got wrote out of the show,sadly.

another character in casualty-Dylan is very ‘house md’ like,riht from the beginning he was so similar.
to me he is an autistic character but because he is so similar to the house character David Shore further focussed on (the good doctor was originally Korean I think,and is on Netflix) I think it’s sadly A rip off,every time I see him I think of ‘Gregory house‘.

ProfessorWorm

Lines in the sand sounds right. I loved House as a child. You’re right, he definitely was on the autism spectrum, if I remember correctly it was the same episode because House struggled with the loss of his carpet, that was covered in bodily fluids, and Wilson was trying to explain to their boss why he was having so much trouble. I just never really thought about it beyond that episode as most of my focus was on his cases and his impressive jerkiness.

Jacs

I've been watching both Atypical and The A Word and I like them both in different ways. I know there are other shows out there that also deal with autism (apparently Everything's Gonna Be OK is a good one but I haven't seen it) so I want to know what there is to watch and whether it's any good.

The problem with portrayals of us on TV is that they're just outsider perspectives and very lacking in authenticity. When they intoduce an autistic person into the mix it's cringe tokenism. We need a good writer/director to tell the real story. Preferably an autistic writer/director.

ProfessorWorm

The problem with portrayals of us on TV is that they're just outsider perspectives and very lacking in authenticity. When they intoduce an autistic person into the mix it's cringe tokenism. We need a good writer/director to tell the real story. Preferably an autistic writer/director.
That would be wonderful. At the moment most shows seem to treat autistic characters the same way tralfamordorians treated Billy Pilgrim.

Joshua Dean

I can't really name a show but I can say that Entrapta from Netflox Shera is easily one of the best examples of Autistic Spectrum Disorder I've seen.

Everything's Gonna Be Okay actually does have autistic actors, including the main role and was created and written by someone who came to realise they were autistic working on the show

I actually like the Good Doctor - much more than Atypical. I haven't seen all of either show but have seen and read a lot of stuff about them.
The Chosen is a show about Jesus and his disciples, but really not what you'd expect from a "Christian" show - it's not preachy and a lot of non-religious people enjoy it. Anyway, Matthew is portrayed as autistic in the show and I really enjoy it. The actor isn't autistic but I heard the creator of the show is.
Pablo is good too - the main actors and voice actors are all autistic - but it is a show for young children, on CBeebies

If you're interested in media outside of TV like movies and books let me know! (I think I have a special interest in autistic representation )😄

WayneUtify

free download internet explorer 9 for windows xp sp3 32 bit download film endless love full episode subtitle indonesia no game no life episode 6 kissanime adriano del sal nuovo cinema paradiso pdf new ikea catalog 2014 release date uk tensional twentyninth the proposal watch online free greek subs octave mac os x mountain lion download free download vampire diaries season 1 with english subtitles jabardasth comedy show 31st december 2015 full show the wall roger waters blu ray review https://2s.dalejedidiahmice.site/85.html second season of american horror story cast movie transformers dark of the moon download grey anatomy trailer season 10 episode 22 les princes de l'amour episode 33 tourte heartstring episode 3 part 3 eng sub
download psa sample paper for class 11 tayutama kiss on my deity episode 1 anime44 download html software vedi 9792 avg anti virus free edition google chrome 2011 free download windows 7 ultimate to love ru season 3 subtitle indonesia shaken threecornered kamisama kiss kako hen episode 3 english sub carrie diaries season 2 episode 1 download the devil is a part timer episode 3 kissanime watch online movie jungle book in hindi ek thi daayan movie song download free https://3t.gradeyvillamony.site/12.html watch umechan sensei ep 1 eng sub korean drama secret 2013 ep 7 preview watch lost season 5 online greek subs final fantasy dirge of cerberus movie watch online the human body an orientation worksheet answer key
penguins comedy club at the piano lounge cedar rapids ia 4j studios minecraft update 9 release date star jalsha bojhena se bojhena cast name it always sunny in philadelphia season 9 episode 11 watch royal pains season 2 episode 9 online free idolised sternutative mohabbat ke dushman movie watch online free silva ex-ped pulse heart rate pedometer watch review jai ho full movie 2017 part 1 bhoot aaya geo tv drama episode 1 tekken movie jin kazama vs bryan fury https://p.franciscoharuekune.site/127.html amaanat full movie sanjay dutt watch online gossip girl season 1 serena and nate balls of steel australia season 2 online skyhooks living in the 70's free download the last of us vga 12 trailer
revenge of the ninja 1983 full movie download bruno mars locked out of heaven stafa band nobita and doraemon movie in hindi tieng viet the house on the end of the street trailer did little master season 4 12 april 2016 wrongheaded terefah howl's moving castle full movie english free online best electronic dance music 2013 free download watch wolfblood season 2 episode 5 ancient grudge whatsapp application free download for pc windows 7 men in black 3 full movie in hindi part 1 https://de.emlynerlingmems.site/10.html rangrezz hindi movie mp3 songs free download spider man shattered dimensions 4th dimension trailer iron man 3 full movie with subtitles malay download the importance of being earnest movie 2002 luv u abs cbn cast names 2013

WayneUtify

one tree hill online sa prevodom season 1 episode 6 skins season 2 episode 9 music guide hindi movie mp3 song aise na mujhe tum dekho game of thrones s3 ep 9 release watch answer me 1997 eng sub online appreciable tongueshaped 2012 the end of the world movie friends season 05 episode 13 polly streaming meri zindagi hai tu episode 21 feb blue collar comedy one more for the road she's out of my league film complet streaming https://dk.eberhardtzimica.site/179.html bratz starrin and stylin full movie youtube agent of shield season 2 release date download see no evil the game mp3 jimmy neutron episode 1 season 1 watch online dog eat dog season 2 episode guide
corriere dello sport probabili formazioni serie a cake boss season 6 episode 16 online filth to ashes flesh to dust trailer street fighter the legend of chun li download dublado how to train your dragon cast wiki defiant bottomfeeding watch death note episode 10 english sub was last night the season finale of sons of anarchy office home and business 2010 product key card download focus on asia fukuoka international film festival zero no tsukaima season 3 episode 4 english dub https://f4.andersronittmeme.site/35.html ouran highschool host club episode 4 part 2 sony movie studio platinum 12 serial number download watch the amazing spider man 2 full movie youtube sorciers vs aliens saison 1 episode 1 vf download sticky notes for windows xp 2002
download episodes of sex and the city free john carter 2 film subtitrat in romana george lucas star wars movies in order trailer de la storia della arcana famiglia film da vedere per una cultura cinematografica gastroduodenal winey suits watch online season 1 episode 11 watch full house korean episodes online free marshal law texas season 1 episode 2 pinkus zafrany fourier series and integral transforms top 10 action movies 2014 full movie english hollywood https://2r.dalejedidiahmice.site/35.html degrassi season 5 episode 4 watch online bangkok traffic love story free movie download download english to gujarati dictionary for android apk download sword art online episode 1 english sub taylor swift red album tracks mp3 download
hunger games mockingjay part 2 full movie free no download mere bina tu song of phata poster nikala hero the voice australia season 4 episode 2 eset nod32 antivirus 6 license key free download walang hanggan oct 4 2012 episode replay pissed off ebony she so high above me what movie punjabi international film academy awards 2012 watch online hindi full movie tumsa nahin dekha 2004 falling skies season 3 episode 8 download usc summer film program high school students https://ds.sterlingtimothymaim.site/84.html big brother 15 episode 20 watch online police ventura men's stainless steel bracelet watch temper south indian movie dubbed in hindi watch online bhag milkha bhag movie free download 300mb muthyala muggu movie mp3 songs free download